This year the UK Actian Users Association Community Award was presented to Tomasz Konojacki for his work on DBD::IngresII. DBD::IngresII is the Ingres database driver for Perl's DBI. DBI is the de facto standard database interface for Perl. DBD::IngresII is a fork of the defunct DBD::Ingres driver, with a number of changes and enhancements:
- it compiles under Windows using ActivePerl + MinGW, ActivePerl + MSVC, and Strawberry Perl + MinGW
- it now has BIGINT support (thanks to Remy Chibois)
- ANSIDATE support has been added
- ->ing_utf8_quote() method has been added (it quotes string and escapes UTF-8 literals)
- and it now it builds under the latest Perl
See https://metacpan.org/module/DBD::IngresII for more information. Tomasz plans further improvements. Please give him all the support you can.